Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Crafty kind of day

The weather here in South Bend has been a little unpredictable the last couple of days, so after working this morning, I decided to stay home this afternoon and craft until it was time to get the kids from school.  Instead of making cards, I decided to make a few home decorating ideas that I have had floating around for a while.  I had most of the stuff on hand, so it was easy to put together.
The first is a coffee filter wreath.  I saw this posted on another blog a while back and have had the stuff to make it, just never got to it.  It was so simple and turned out great!  I think next time I make it, I will use the brown coffee filters for a different look.  I decided to hang it from my distressed window that I redid a couple of weeks ago.  Now I just need to get it hung on the wall.

 Here is the side view that my daughter took, she did a great job!

 I also made this little tree.  I purchased everything half price at Hobby Lobby, gotta love that.  It was so simple to put together.  I actually made two but have not decided where I am going to put them yet. 

 Lastly, I made these simple yarn trees.  I purchased the styrofoam cones at the dollar store and the yarn was 50% off at Michael's.  Can't beat that.  A little hot glue and I was good to go.  I will have to find a spot for these as well.  I have a couple of more projects that I need to complete, then I am actually going to start decorating downstairs.  Since I finished up the majority of the unpacking earlier this week, it will be easy and fun now that everything is out.  More on that later!  I like how you can see how snowy the backyard is in the reflection of the mirror!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment