Thursday, May 27, 2010

Felt: hair clip and card

So after seeing all of the wonderful projects that fellow crafters posted using felt on Paptertrey Ink, I was inspired to make a felt hair clip. My daughter loves to have her hair done in all different ways, so this will be a perfect addition to her collection- she will be surprised this afternoon!

For the hair clip, I covered the alligator clip in cream ribbon. Using my nestabilities, I cut out a flower shape using dark chocolate felt. Next I cut out a butterfly out of chartreuse using the PTI butterfly die. I added a dark chocolate button with some twine and I was set to go. I love how it turned out!


Since I was using felt, I decided to make a card. I cut out three butterflies using PTI's chartreuse felt and added dark chocolate buttons and twine. I adhered then to a Kraft card base and a piece of dark chocolate card stock stamped with vintage cream ink using my Basic Backgrounds: Geometrics. I added Best Wishes using my Mega Mixed Messages and some rhinestones to finish it off. I love the punch this card provides!
Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment